Grant Number: 512458
- Description: Standard Grant
- Associated Project:
- Award Date:
- Award Period: 2005-03-01 to 2006-02-28
- Amount: $ 56528.00
Pennsylvania State Univ University
Project Home Page:
Latest Project Highlight:
This award will: (1) conduct a detailed case study of one integrated criminal justice system (the San Diego, CA area's Automated Regional Justice Information System (ARJIS) for the purposes of (2) comparing this case study to case studies which have been started on similar systems in the United States (in DC and PA) and United Kingdom (The Police Information Technology Organization, a national level effort in the UK).
The technical merit of this work will be realized through three contributions:
1. Findings and generalizable principles regarding appropriate governance structures, operational plans and work arrangements to better support integrated criminal justice activities.
2. Design criteria to support development of future (and evolution of current) information systems to better support integrated criminal justice.
3. Findings and guidance regarding policy issues relative to information sharing; building and using integrated criminal justice systems and their governance.
The broader social impacts of this work will be reflected in two contributions:
1. The design and operational guidance will lead to improved systems and increased usage, leading to safer communities, greater homeland security, more pro-active policing and improved e-government.
2. The design and operational guidance will also provide insights into improving inter-agency and cross-level work and governance, an important aspect of improved government.